Saturday, October 16, 2010

And so the bucket begins to fill...

I've been scouring the internet for that perfect article, the one that springs forth as a leaping point for a thesis idea. In this tireless pursuit I've been repeatedly reading the same types of articles. Whether it be the New York Times, Wired magazine, Popular Science, or TED.com the articles I'm drawn to time after time include modes of thinking, modes of teaching, and generation y. I find the process by which we absorb, retain, and use information to be a high point of interest in my initial research.

As the internet has risen to completely restructure our society and how we will access information in the future I see this topic as having a high level of importance. The focus is not on the internet itself, but how we access information in completely new ways and how that will alter our society. I'll continue to post articles as a means to store the information I find pertinent. This also acts as a means to refer to them in the future. I'm not sure where this 'bucket' of information will take me, but that's part of the intrigue as well.

Here's a recent article referring to the future of our information systems:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/50366/predicting_the_death_of_the_internet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment